Friday, August 12, 2016

New Questions To Ponder

Sometimes I think I should stop receiving and reading emails. I got too many this week:

  • Is Your Fibromyalgia Primary or Secondary? Basically from which ailment your fibromyalgia is manifesting it will indicate the correct direction for a more successful treatment protocol.
  • New Guidelines for Adults with Chronic Pain and a History of Cancer - Oh, joy. Just another example of how cancer changes everything... "If a patient reports new onset of pain, clinicians should evaluate and monitor for recurrent disease, second malignancy, or late-onset effects of treatment." How does that sound? Because with cancer, every pain not only could signal RA progression it could also be cancer mets....
  • Cancer Survival is Worse in RA Patients - More joy. And just another example of how cancer changes everything... There are higher mortality rates for many cancers for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
So now I have so much good news in my life, I am not sure if I should go back to bed or should I just pretend I didn't read any of it? 

This is a good sampling of my life these days. First of all lots of conflicting information. Then lots of information on how one ailment complicates treatments for other ailments. And long term prognoses can just suck.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...