Sunday, September 25, 2016

Why Can't I Sleep?

So I am always in pursuit of the land of nod. The only way I seem to be able to sleep is to take a sleeping pill but that doesn't guarantee a full night's sleep. If I get so exhausted I can't watch tv I usually get a couple of hours of sleep. Sometimes I can even sleep all night. But I'll tell you my secret for sanity in the middle of the night. I pull out my tablet and play computer games until I can fall back to sleep.

I am always looking for help with sleep. WebMD can always provide assistance with all things medical. They sent me an email the other day on the Causes of Fatigue and Seepiness and How to Fight Them. It wasn't that helpful. It included things like hidden UTIs, dehydration, heart disease and apnea. None of those are me. And the one that is me didnt help.

"Fatigue Cause No. 14: CFS and Fibromyalgia
If your fatigue lasts more than six months and is so severe that you can't manage your daily activities, chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia are a possibility. Both can have various symptoms, but persistent, unexplained exhaustion is a main one.
Fix: While there's no quick fix for CFS or fibromyalgia, patients often benefit from changing their daily schedule, learning better sleep habits, and starting a gentle exercise program."


I have done all that. We even got a new power bed with a good mattress where I can raise and lower the head and the feet. I do exercise. I do everything else. I am just very complicated.

I might need to start counting sheep or something.

2 comments:

cschaewe said...

When I got to the bottom of the post, I initially read the label as "lack of sheep."

Anonymous said...

Cured of TNBC!
I want to take this time out as a cancer survivor to encourage women out there still suffering from this with my story on how i got a cure. The sad news about it is that i was diagnosed on my 36th birthday in 2008 and with stage 3 TNBC which after i made research was a very aggressive form of cancer at that point i decided and told myself i was going to die and that the end has finally come. All my life i never thought of having breast cancer because i was very active and i worked out at the gym several times every week and my diet was okay. In my search for a cure after 6 years of diagnosis and even after chemo which i did twice spending thousands of dollars but to no avail, until a church member told me all about Dr Aleta a herbal doctor that specializes in treating TNBC, who could help me with a permanent cure, i doubted this at first but i later gave it a try following her methods and instructions. It took 3 months and after it all i felt normal but still went for diagnosis and i was clean today i am proud to say i am a cancer survivor no nodes and i am totally free the new diagnosis confirmed it. Do not die in silence or ignorance because of breast cancer just simply reach her on aletedwin@gmail.com don't be shy just speak to her today.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...