Saturday, October 22, 2016

Its How You Get Up Again

After cancer hits you, you cope and move on. But I think the most important part is how you cope. Many people are familiar with Scott Hamilton, the Olympic medal winning figure skater. But I am not sure that everyone knows about his cancer diagnoses. In addition to testicular cancer in 1989, he has also been diagnoses with brain tumors, several times. And he has also developed that awesome resource ChemoCare which provides a huge amount of information on chemotherapy regimens, including the all time favorite, side effects. His last diagnosis was last spring.

He spoke about this recently with People Magazine, that ever popular medical reference. I found the video very interesting and provided some thought provoking insights. Watch it all the way to the end (its less than 3 minutes), and then think for a bit.

A cancer diagnosis is a big fall in your life. Actually its not a fall, its more like it threw you down three flights of stairs. But you have to regroup and go on with your life.  You still need to go to the grocery store, have surgery, drive your children to school, do the laundry, deal with surgical drains, mop the kitchen floor, dust the living room, make the beds, hang out with friends, and go to more damn doctor appointments that you ever thought possible. And deal with this huge emotional wave of medical crap.

Scott Hamilton has had to deal with this four times now and he came up with this advice.

Its not what happens when you fall its how you handle it. The remember to smile like Kristi Yamaguchi as you do it.

1 comment:

John Keck said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from fibroid, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My wife suffered from fibroid for more than 20 year of marriage after our first son and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she had irregular and painful menstrual flow and the size of it was 5cm, and she always complain of stomach pain. we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and she left the contact of the doctor who had the natural cure to fibroid. I never imagined fibroid has a natural cure if not surgery not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Godstime, and in one months time we went to the hospital for scan and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of fibroid and now she is fully okay, even up till this moment she is so full of life. fibroid has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on: Drgodstimehealinghome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349063469910 on how to get his medication.  

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...