Friday, December 2, 2016

Breast Cancer Idiocy

First day of radiation treatment. I look like I'm about to make a run for it which is accurate. Radiation is frightening to me. Something about not being able to see the laser, see the treatment and having this machine moving around you just scares me. I'm sure I'll get used to it but right now.... I hate it. #radiation#radiationmondaysucks #stillfightinglikeagirl

This is a picture of Shannen Doherty, from '90210', as she starts radiation for breast cancer. Why do I call this idiocy? Her business managers allowed her health insurance to lapse. She had to sue them. Can you believe that?

What competent person would allow health insurance to lapse when they were responsible for other people's insurance.

A cancer diagnosis is stressful enough but if the 'moron's (and I use the term loosely) let your insurance to lapse, that would be insanity. Even though insurance regulations have changed so that the pre-existing condition clause is no longer legal, who wants that extra burden on you as well?

If you think what the costs of breast cancer treatment can amount to, that could bankrupt just about any one without insurance.

My message to Shannen: I hope you sued the pants of those idiots. And yes, you can make it through breast cancer treatment. Hugs to you!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...