Friday, March 17, 2017

Forming the New Plan (Part 3)

So, my new plan is forming. I have done some thinking and some research. I also talked to my therapist and she gave me a few ideas. My biggest weakness is that I cannot over-schedule, over-commit, or over-stress myself. I need to pace myself.

I have found some events to attend - a gardening as therapy event at the library and the next monthly Garden Club meeting. Of course they are only two days apart. I hope to get my husband to go to the first one with me as it is on a Sunday. He might.

Going forward I hope to join the garden club, but their year runs September - June. They only have two more meetings this spring. I am also going to keep my eyes out for more events at the library.

So if I find an event or two there each month, add the garden club meetings, that will get me out of the house more. I should actually learn some things there too.

That's my first step. I also plan to reach out to the Senior Center to see if I can do something there. My therapist suggested starting a knitting/needlework group there. They already have a knitting group that meets at the exact same time as my other knitting group at the cancer support center.

However, I am not sure I want to commit myself to another weekly obligation. Well, its not that I don't want to commit, its that I am not sure I am physically able to commit to one. (See that's the problem....)

Starting in April, gardening season will begin and I can fill my time outside. No I can't plant anything until mid-May but I can plan and prepare. I have already started my snapdragons inside.

Then I have a friend coming to visit in May. I will go to the beach to visit another friend in June for a few days. More travel over the summer.

This is a start. The plan will continue to come together.

This is me getting my mental state together again and forming a new plan.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...