Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Once Again I Wasn't The Patient

And it was nice. I went to visit my brother for the weekend. And didn't really see him. He had a kidney stone (and a lot nastier word to describe it) that caused him intense pain.

I did get to go to Lowes with him to get parts of his upstairs sink. I also ran and emptied his dishwasher twice. Drove his children all over the place and visited him in the hospital. I fed his cat several times. I walked his girlfriend's dog a bunch of times - including in a snowstorm. I let the dog hog the bed one night and then I let the cat snuggle the next nights. I had dinner with his ex-wife and two of the children one night. I also drove 7 hours to see him and then 7 hours home.

However it was fun. I am glad I went. But because I didn't see him much, I will go back out and visit him later this spring.

Honestly it was nice that I wasn't the patient for once. I feel like I am always at doctors or hospitals. (Today I have my 15th doctor appointment of 2017.)  But it was a long drive.  I find it very different for me not to be the patient - the one the doctor wants to talk to. They couldn't care less about me and I like that part. There are no questions about my numerable ailments, pain levels, or anything. I can be part of the furniture. I think I need less time with medical people.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...