Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Big Break

So I have mostly been off line since the end of July. I stayed in one house which had no wifi and iffy cell phone service at best. Then I went on vacation with my husband and stayed in more hotels with iffy wifi and sometimes cell service. You know the two-three bar places where if the wind is blowing in the right direction you can actually connect. The most important thing I used my phone for was for directions and as a back up we had a paper map.

This meant I was really behind on emails by the time I got home. I also hadn't been on facebook or here on my blog. And I didn't get a lot of phone calls or messages. Best of all I could pretend I was a healthy person and I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE DOCTOR APPOINTMENT. It was awesome.

I recommend it for everyone. I couldn't remember what day of the week it was, never mind the date. I went into a store last week. I looked at the hours on the door and it said 'open 9-1' and it was 2:30. But then some people walked out of the store so I figured the sign was wrong. When I went in, I asked the woman if she was still open despite the sign on the door. Her response was 'its Friday, not Saturday'. That was great.

I need more of that in my life. I didn't have to run from the gym to a doctor appointment to anything else. I didn't have to worry about anything. The two of us had a blast - except for the day it was clear we had spent too much time in the car together so that there was a very quiet period for the better part of the day.

My non-doctor prescription is that everyone take a disconnected vacation.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...