Friday, September 15, 2017

What Does That Symptom Mean?


Right now I am contemplating the additional pain I have been having in my fingers/hands and toes/feet recently. I do not expect I have hand/foot cancer but that my rheumatoid is doing funny things. I am not researching online, I am going to send my doctor a message. That is the mature adult thing to do.

Normal people think that headache or scratchy throat is nothing. But to cancer people a headache is a brain tumor and a sore throat is esophageal cancer. Along with your cancer diagnosis  you learn that Dr Google and Wikipedia are not your friends for medical information.

But with cancer, every little symptom gets a new meaning. And the emotional stress can be amazing. Which is why its time to stop googling symptoms. Ask your doctor instead.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...